Location: Houston, TX
The ideal candidate must have a proven track record of designing and developing Business Intelligence solutions that comprise of dashboards, reports and ad-hoc queries using IBM Cognos Business Intelligence Tool.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Building data models using IBM Cognos Framework Manager & creating simple to complex reports in IBM Cognos Report Studio. Creating database layer, business layer, and defining appropriate relationship between query subjects in the Framework Manager.
- Creating Star schema dimensional models.
- Creating Dashboard reports using the IBM Cognos Report Studio.
- Developing list, cross tab, drill through, master-detail, charts and complex reports that involve multiple prompts, multi-queries and Cubes in IBM Cognos Report Studio.
- Creating the user training manuals for the business end users.
Required experience and skills:
- 8+ years of experience using the Cognos BI suite (including Cognos BI 10).
- Advanced Cognos Developer skills in Cognos Report Studio, Framework Manager, Cognos Connection, Transformer (OLAP) and Query Studio.
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing the dashboard solutions.
- Proven mastery of varied data warehouse concepts/methodologies used to implement business intelligence solutions.
- Ability to perform data analysis, troubleshoot data integrity issues and trend data analysis.
- Expertise with writing efficient Structured Query Language using various SQL-development software packages.
- SDK knowledge is preferred.
- Extensive experience in the development of management reporting and performance analysis techniques.
- Ability to work in a fast paced working environment.
- A college degree is required
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please email your resume to